The Ohio Conference of Seventh-day Adventists would like to remind members across our territory that the annual Prayer Emphasis Day is the Sabbath of January 4, 2020.
Oswaldo Magaña, executive secretary, requested constituents remember the following as we begin 2020:
- Presidential Search - for God's leading and guidance as we search for a new president and leader for the conference;
- Growing Young Adventists - for God's blessings on the marvelous "growing young" process and guidance in this initiative, and to have the GYA program expand with more churches involved;
- Evangelism 2020 - blessings on the pastors and churches involved in evangelism during 2020 across the conference.
Dr. Ron Halvorsen Jr, conference president, requested constituents remember one another in prayer, specifically:
- Members who have lost loved ones during 2019, and for the Holy Spirit to comfort the lives of those who are grieving;
- For the love of Jesus to be seen in each member, our church body and within our community.
Dr. Peter Simpson, Hispanic Ministries coordinator, requested prayer for the continued growth of Hispanic Ministries. Their goal is to reach 2,020 members by the close of 2020 (they presently have about 1,734).
Buffy Halvorsen, prayer ministries coordinator, has an extensive "Pray with a Friend" note she has shared, which will appear in our final PWAF e-newsletter later this week.
We thank each of our members and churches for their support, dedication and prayers.